Last updated on
Best Ever Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe – moist, dark chocolate cake with mini chocolate chips and chocolate ganache.
The Best Chocolate Bundt Cake You’ll Ever Have
Truly. This is the best chocolate bundt cake you’ll ever have. When I say I cried over this cake, there is literally no exaggeration in that statement! I cried over this cake! Did you catch that in my Instagram stories when?
And to be clear – we’re talking about happy tears!
This chocolate bundt cake recipe is so easy and so incredibly moist and decadent. And with a simple chocolate ganache glaze, the cake isn’t too rich or overpowering. It’s exactly the type of cake you want to dive into when all you can think about is chocolate. So basically… all the time 😉
How to Make Chocolate Bundt Cake
This easy chocolate cake recipe is one of the fastest cake recipes you can whip up. Mixing the ingredients takes about 5 minutes. It’s the baking time you’ll have to have patience for.
Ingredients You Need Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Dark cocoa powder
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Hot water or coffee
- Vegetable oil
- Mini chocolate chips
I think you’ll also love this recipe because you don’t even need an electric mixer to make the cake batter. Simply whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in the other. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until no streaks of flour remain, and bake!
In a 10-cup bundt pan, this cake will bake at 325 degrees F. for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.
Which Bundt Cake Pan Should I use?
For this recipe, you’ll want to use a 10 cup bundt pan. I tried out THIS new one from Orson Gygi. It’s the perfect size for this recipe and I love the detailed design. However, I will say: I didn’t love how the ganache poured over the edges. Next time I might use my classic bundt pan for this cake.
How Do I Make Sure My Cake Doesn’t Stick to My Bundt Pan
I have three tips for making sure your cake doesn’t stick to the bundt pan:
- Spray well with nonstick spray
- Dust with flour, or in this case, cocoa powder
- Allow the cake to cool COMPLETELY before inverting the pan into a cake plate to serve.
That last one is key! Give the cake a while to cool before flipping it out. When we try to flip the cake while it’s still warm is when the cake will stick and fall apart.
Chocolate Ganache and Crispearls
To top off this incredibly moist chocolate bundt cake, I made a simple ganache with heavy whipping cream and dark chocolate chips. On top of that, I sprinkled some Crispearls. They are the tastiest decor!
More Chocolate Cake Recipes You’ll Love
- The Most Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Ding Dong Cake
- Banana Nutella S’mores Cake
- Scotcheroo Cake
- Chocolate Spice Cake
Ultimate Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Tender and moist chocolate cake with rich and decadent chocolate ganache.
FOR THE CAKE
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups (350 g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups (88.5 g) dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5.6 g) salt
- 1 cup (240 g) buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 cup (236.6 g) hot water
- 1/2 cup (109 g) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4.2 g) pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips dusted in cocoa powder or flour
FOR THE GANACHE
- 3/4-1 cup (180-240 g) heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
FOR THE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray your bundt pan with non-stick spray, generously dust with cocoa powder or flour, and set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on low speed until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes (mine took exactly 45) or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.
- Cool in the pan completely before inverting onto a cake stand.
FOR THE GANACHE
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the cream for about one minute. Pour over the chocolate chips and stir until the mixture is smooth. If needed, microwave again for 20 to 30 seconds and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Best used right away.
- Garnish with Crispearls or more mini chocolate chips.