Yield About 6 cups of frosting
Light and fluffy vanilla buttercream
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 cups powdered sugar, measured and then sifted
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Cut this recipe in half to make enough for the rainbows and clouds
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter for about two minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add sifted powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing a little in between each addition.
- With mixer on medium speed, add whipping cream, vanilla extract and salt.
- Continue to mix on medium speed for 6-8 minutes, until the frosting is fairly white in color and light and fluffy in texture.
Recipe by Cake by Courtney at https://cakebycourtney.com/buttercream-rainbow-tutorial/