Yield 18 cookies
Soft and chewy sugar cookies filled with cinnamon sugar and dipped in cinnamon chip ganache.
- 1 stick (113 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 extra large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (5.2 g) cinnamon, divided
- 1 package Food Stirs Organic Sweet Tooth Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup (110 g) light brown sugar
Cinnamon Chip Ganache
- 1 cup (150 g) cinnamon baking chips, such as Hershey's
- 1/3 cup (77 g) heavy cream
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the butter until cream and smooth. Add the egg and continue to beat until well blended.
- With the mixer on low, slowing add the cookie mix and one teaspoon cinnamon. The mixture will resemble wet sand. Form the crumbs into a large ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill the wrapped dough in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- While the dough chills, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the brown sugar and remaining one teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Unwrap the dough and form teaspoon-size balls using a cookie scoop or a measuring spoon. Once all the dough is formed into balls, press your thumb into one side of the cookie dough ball to form a well. Fill it with about 1/4 teaspoon of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Set aside.
- Take another cookie dough ball, make another small well with your thumb and fill it with a few cinnamon chips.
- Press the two cookie dough halves together and pinch the seams of the dough together to lock in the fillings. Gently form a ball shape again by rolling the dough in your hands. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Once all the cookies are formed, roll each one in the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon mixture, and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. (I liked mine soft and will take them out of the oven when the cookies look slightly underdone - closer to 12 minutes. Remember, the cookies will continue to bake while cooking on the hot pan). Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- While the cookies are baking, make the cinnamon chip ganache by heating the cream in a microwave safe bowl for about 30-40 seconds. Pour the hot cream over the remaining cinnamon chips. Let sit for about five minutes and then stir until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- When the cookies are completely cooled, dip each cookie about half way into the cinnamon chip ganache, Place the finished cookies on parchment paper to set.