Last updated on
These guilt-free protein-packed chocolate chip cookies are so delicious you’d have no idea they’re actually good for you!
After a week of vacation and then jumping into two new cakes (which means a lot of taste testing), I’m feeling like I need to tone down the sugar for a second. I’ll be honest, though, that’s not easy for me to do! Even when I’m “trying to be good,” my sweet tooth is still looking for something sweet. And while I love myself some cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it’s nice to have a few healthy-ish treats every now and then.
But, I won’t eat just any healthy treat. It needs to taste good or it’s not worth the calories, no matter how healthy it is. With that goal in mind, I turned one of my favorite treats into something I could feel good about eating.
The recipe is pretty simple and doesn’t require you to get anything out of the ordinary. I use blanched almond flour in place of white flour, coconut sugar in place of white sugar, just a small amount of brown sugar to keep the cookies chewy, and then coconut oil in place of butter. I also add a couple of scoops of vanilla protein powder by Ideal Fit. The protein powder helps to give the cookie a little flavor and sweetness, but you can’t even tell it’s there.
Ideal Fit’s French Vanilla protein powder is also my go-to for smoothies and protein bites. This brand actually tastes good and is kid-approved in my house (which is a huge stamp of approval because I have picky eaters!). And for my readers, Ideal Fit is offering 10% off your next purchase with code “CAKE.”
For a “healthy” treat, I think you’ll really enjoy these guilt-free protein-packed chocolate chip cookies! Follow me on Instagram @cakebycourtney for more recipes and baking tips!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Guilt-Free, Protein Packed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 20-22 cookies
Protein packed chocolate chip cookies.
- 1/2 cup (104.5 g) coconut oil, solid not melted
- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 g) brown sugar
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon (4.2 g) pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.4 g) salt
- 2 cups (224 g) blanched almond flour (I liked Honeyville or Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 scoops IdealFit French Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 cup (150 g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the solid coconut oil to soften it up a bit. Add the coconut sugar and brown sugar and mix on medium speed until well-blended and smooth.
- With the mixer on medium, add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well-blended.
- With the mixer on low, add the almond flower, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla protein powder. Mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop (mine is about 1 tablespoon), divide the cookie batter into 20 to 22 and place on cookie sheets. Bake each pan of cookies for 9 minutes. Let cool for about 15 to 20 minutes before eating.