Guilt-Free, Protein Packed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 20-22 cookies
Protein packed chocolate chip cookies.
- 1/2 cup (104.5 g) coconut oil, solid not melted
- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 g) brown sugar
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon (4.2 g) pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.4 g) salt
- 2 cups (224 g) blanched almond flour (I liked Honeyville or Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 scoops IdealFit French Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 cup (150 g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the solid coconut oil to soften it up a bit. Add the coconut sugar and brown sugar and mix on medium speed until well-blended and smooth.
- With the mixer on medium, add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well-blended.
- With the mixer on low, add the almond flower, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla protein powder. Mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop (mine is about 1 tablespoon), divide the cookie batter into 20 to 22 and place on cookie sheets. Bake each pan of cookies for 9 minutes. Let cool for about 15 to 20 minutes before eating.
Recipe by Cake by Courtney at https://cakebycourtney.com/guilt-free-protein-packed-chocolate-chip-cookies/