Get ready for your new favorite fall cookie! My new melt-in-your-mouth Butter Pecan Caramel Cookies are packed with flavor!
Butter Pecan Caramel Cookies
While I was baking my new Pumpkin Butter Pecan Cake (recipe coming soon), I started snacking on caramel baking chips. To balance the sweetness of the chips, I would throw in a pecan with every caramel chip. After a few bites, I stopped and realized I was loving the flavor combination. Almost instantly I was thinking about my Irresistible Peanut Butter Chip Cookies, made with nearly a cup of peanut butter. They are one of my favorite cookies and the recipe would be perfect for a pecan butter.
After I finished my cake, I got to work on the cookies. I made a few changes to the peanut butter cookie recipe, using more pecan butter and cutting out the milk because the texture didn’t need to be softened at all.
The colors may not be the most impressive, but I’m telling you – the flavor and texture of this cookie are sooooo incredible!
How to Make Pecan Butter
Homemade nut butter of any kind is truly so simple to make! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 2 cups (300 g) chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp (13.6 g) olive oil
- Food processor
Combine the chopped pecans and oil in your food processor and mix until the mixture is soft and resembles a crunchy nut butter. The consistency should be easily spreadable.
How to Make Butter Pecan Caramel Cookies
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Pecan butter (recipe above)
- Caramel baking chips
- Light brown sugar
- Unsalted butter
If you can’t order the baking chips from Orson Gygi, I just heard that Trader Joe’s now carries a sea salt caramel chip too!
Instructions for Butter Pecan Caramel Cookies
- After you’ve made the pecan butter, you’ll start by combining the butter, pecan butter, and brown sugar together in a medium size mixing bowl on medium speed.
- Mix the ingredients until well combined and then add the egg and vanilla.
- Once all of your wet ingredients are mixed, turn your mixer to low and add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the caramel chips.
- Bake at 375 for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- Toasted Oatmeal Brown Butter Toffee Cookies
- Brown Butter S’mores Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Copycat Levain Bakery Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Melt in Your Mouth Butter Pecan Caramel Cookies
Soft and chewy pecan butter cookies filled with caramel chips.
- 1/2 cup (113 g) unsalted butter slightly cold
- 1 cup (250 g) pecan butter see recipe in post
- 1 1/4 cup (275 g) light brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon (13 g) pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) salt
- 8 ounces caramel baking chips
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, pecan butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well blended, about one minute.
Add the egg and beat until just combined.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low speed until just combined.
Stir in the caramel chips.
Using a cookie scoop (mine is about 2 tablespoons), drop cookie dough on lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until slightly golden brown around the bottom edge. Do not over bake. In fact, I like these underdone just a little. Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes before eating.
Makes about 14 large cookies.