Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 24 cookies
Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large or extra large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter until smooth. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the eggs one at time and mix until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla and mix for about 30 seconds.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges are slightly golden brown. The top may look a little soft. That's ok! The cookies will continue to bake a little while they cool.
Recipe by Cake by Courtney at https://cakebycourtney.com/soft-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/