Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies with brown butter.
Keyword: brown butter, Brown butter chocolate chip cookies, Brown Butter desserts, chocolate chip cookies, cookies
Servings: 12 (3 oz.) cookies
- 1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, melted and browned (instructions below)
- 1 3/4 cup (350 g) brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon (4.2 g) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, a pinch
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips, chopped
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the butter is slightly brown in color and has brown specs throughout. Allow to cool slightly but no need to refrigerate to harden.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the melted brown butter and brown sugar together.
Add the vanilla, egg, and egg yolks and mix until smooth.
With the mixer on low speed, add the flour, baking soda, salt and pinch of nutmeg. Stir to combine.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop 3 oz. balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges are slightly golden brown. The top may look a little soft. That's ok! The cookies will continue to bake a little while they cool.