Fall Fashion Favorites – A roundup of my favorite clothing items for fall!
Oh how I welcome fall with open arms every year! I absolutely love this season – not just because of the changing leaves, crisp autumn air and cooler temps, but I’m all about fall clothes! So today,I am straying from my usual cake posts to bring you a round up of some of my favorite f all finds. I’ll actually be bringing you guys a little bit more Style content here at Cake By Courtney since so many of you have reached out asking where I like to shop and what I’m wearing on Instagram.
Fall Fashion Favorites
I am all about being able to mix and match items throughout the season, and the pieces I have styled below will be closet staples as the weather changes.
- Madewell Blouse – while I typically dress pretty casual day-to-day, I like having a go-to blouse for special occasions or when I just want to feel a bit more put-together. This embroidered Madewell blouse is one I have on repeat. I got it toward the end of summer, but I like that it’s light-weight and easy to layer with a chunky cardigan for fall. It’s also 30% off with code ONYOURMARK.
- Mules – in past years, I’ve been all about the ankle booties, but this year, I want to wear mules any chance I get. With a chunky heal, they’re way more comfortable than your typical heal. I’m all about neutrals, and this blush pink color from Old Navy will go with just about anything. These mules are also under $40 and come in four colors!
- Accesorries – for accessories, my feeling is less is more. I typically go with studs or a simple style like these earrings from Madewell. I also always wait for a sale to buy accessories, or look for expensive knockoffs at places like Hey June Shop or Starfish Project.
- Denim – a good pair of denim is one of the versatile clothing items a woman can own, in my opinion. But why on earth is it so hard to find a good pair? I’ve search far and wide, and for me, my absolute favorite denim comes from Madewell. I love a 9-inch, 10-inch and even an 11-inch rise. Madewell also does an amazing job at creating quality denim. They hold their shape and last so much longer than any other denim I’ve owned. And did you know, you can get $20 off any pair of jeans from Madewell if you take in an old pair of jeans (any brand)? Another little unknown fact about Madewell denim is that they sew the pockets to the front zipper, creating a seamless, slimming look! (Think Spanx!)
- Wide Leg – I know a wide leg pant is a bit polarizing, but I think this style looks good on everyone! To pull off this look, tuck in your shirt and pair it with a mule to lengthen your legs.
- White Blouse – a good white blouse goes a long way because it can easily be dressed up or down, and worn with so many other items in your closet. I’m love the feminine detail of this J.Crew blouse. It’s dressy with a skirt but also casual with a pair of wide leg pants or denim.
- Animal Print Flats – animal print is one of my favorite neurtrals. Yes! Neutral. In my book, a good animal print like these Cheetah Print Flats goes with nearly everything!
- Jacket – I’ve had this particular jacket for nearly two years and I love that Madewell keeps bringing it back. It’s a total staple item!
- Sweatshirt – it wouldn’t be fall without sweatshirts! I literally live in them day-to-day. They are so comfy and easy to wear, but it’s also easy to look like you just rolled out of bed when you wear them.
- Track Striped Pants – love that you can dress these up with heals or go casual with sneakers and a sweatshirt.
- Baseball Cap – if you watch my Instagram stories, you know I live in baseball caps half of the week. With a pair of jeans or joggers and a light sweater, I think you can still look put together with a casual hat. Plus, representing my home town and looking cute is a double win.
- Graphic Tee – my favorite graphic tees are from J.Crew, but this is another place where I don’t ever buy anything full price because they have sales so often. Wait for a 40% off sale and get their graphic tees for under $20.
- Sneakers – last but not least, sneakers! I’m on my feet all day, every day, so a comfortable pair of stylish sneakers is usually my go-to. Love these platform velvet sneakers from Athleta.
Look for Sales!
Like I mentioned before, getting versatile pieces that I can style together throughout the season is key for me. I always look for items that are good quality yet don’t break the bank, and if you haven’t been let in on one of the best kept secrets, I will just go ahead and do the honors: Did you know you get $20 off a new pair of Madewell denim by bringing in ANY old pair of jeans?! This girl loves a good deal as much as anyone so I am always thrilled about shopping hacks like that, especially when they involve my very favorite jeans.
Whether I am in the kitchen or picking up kids from practice, these outfits look put-together but are still totally functional and comfy. A total win-win if you ask this mom!