Last updated on
Brownie Berry Torte – these decadent brownie layers topped with a vanilla custard filling and fresh berries make the most delicious and the easiest crowd-favorite dessert.
Mom’s Brownie Berry Torte
After baking cakes all week, I opted for a simple dessert for Mother’s Day this year. Truly, this is one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make. Plus, it’s done in less than an hour.
My mom first made us this Brownie Berry Torte when were in high school, and it’s been a favorite dessert ever since. We usually have it with a vanilla custard and fresh berries, but the flavor combinations are truly endless.
Ingredients You Need to Make a Brownie Berry Torte
The ingredients you need for this dessert are likely already in your pantry. If not, they’re all super common products you’ll find at any grocery store.
- 1 box brownie mix of your choice – I love Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate or Double Chocolate Brownies.
- 3 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh berries
How to Make a Brownie Berry Torte
To make this Brownie Berry Torte, you’ll start by making the brownie mix, using the instructions given on the box. Instead of baking them in a square or rectangular pan, you’ll divide the batter between two 8-inch round cake pans and bake them at 325 for about 20 minutes. After the brownie layers bake, let them cool completely before stacking.
To make the vanilla custard, you’ll mix the sweetened condensed milk with the water, followed by the pudding mix. Allow this mixture to set in the refrigerator while you whip the heavy cream. Once the cream is whipped and the pudding mixture set, you can then fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
To assemble, you’ll simply place one brownie layer on a plate or cake stand, spread with half of the custard filling, top with berries and then repeat.
Truly, how simple is that!
To see a quick HOW-TO, be sure to check out my reel on Instagram:
Want to mix it up? This recipe can easily be switched up to create multiple flavors:
- Oreo Brownie Torte: instead of using vanilla pudding mix and berries, use Oreo pudding mix and Oreo cookies.
- Peanut Butter Banana Brownie Torte: in place of the vanilla pudding and berries, use banana pudding mix + half cup peanut butter in the filling and fresh bananas between layers.
- Triple Chocolate Brownie Torte: in place of the vanilla pudding and berries, use chocolate pudding mix and mini chocolate chips.
And if you love this dessert, you’ll love my Oreo Banana Brownie Caramel Trifle!
Brownie Berry Torte
Dark chocolate brownie layers, stacked with vanilla custard and fresh berries.
- 1 box Brownie mix + ingredients called for on the box I use Ghirardelli, which uses eggs, oil and water
- 1 3-ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 14-ounce can sweetended condensed milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- fresh berries
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick spray, line the bottom with parchment paper, and spray again. Set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix accordig to instructions on the box. Bake at 325 degrees F for about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make the custard filling, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and water until combined. Stir in the pudding mix and then refrigerate until set, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using a whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
- Place one brownie layer on a cake stand or plate. Cover with half of the pudding mixture and then fresh berries. Repeat with second layer.
- Serve immediately or coverate and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.