Cherry Cheese Pie Cake – cream cheese cake layers baked on graham cracker crusts, filled with a cheesecake filling, homemade cherry pie filling and graham cracker buttercream.
Classic Cherry Cheese Pie
Have you heard of Cherry Cheese Pie? It’s an incredibly easy, no bake dessert to whip up. Grab a pre-made graham cracker crust, mix cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice, top it all with cherry pie filling. That’s it! So easy, right?
The flavor combination is just amazing! Sweet, tart, and tangy – the best of everything.
Cherry Cheese Pie Cake
Thinking about all of these flavors and textures, I knew they’d be amazing in a cake. I kept the graham cracker crust very traditional and used it on the bottom of each cake layer. I then worked off my Blueberry Delight Cake for the cake layers and use a little cream cheese and buttermilk instead of ricotta. For the filling, I again stayed true to cherry cheese pie and did a simple combination of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. It’s also filled with homemade cherry pie filling and covered in a graham cracker buttercream.
Ingredients You Need for Cherry Cheese Pie Cake
To make my Cherry Cheese Pie Cake, make sure you have the following (non standard) ingredients on hand:
- Cream cheese
- Canned tart cherries or fresh cherries
- Graham crackers
- Sweetened condensed milk
How to Make a Cake
Don’t forget to follow my go-to tips for getting your cakes to rise and bake well:
- Preheat your oven for 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Use good quality pans like Fat Daddio.
- Spray your pans with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper.
- Don’t overmix your cake batter once you add the dry ingredients.
- Use room temperature wet ingredients.
- Use fresh baking powder.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.
How to Make Buttercream Frosting
To get a light and fluffy buttercream frosting, make sure you follow my tips over at: HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BUTTERCREAM
- Sift your powdered sugar
- Use slightly cold butter
- Use heavy whipping cream
- Beat for 5 minutes
- Stir by hand
You’ll want to check out the post linked above for more details on each step.
How to Cake It
In other words, how to assemble this cake:
- Place first cake layer, top side up, in the center of your cake board or cake plate.
- Pipe a rim of buttercream around the edge of the cake.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the cheesecake filling over the cake.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the cherry filling over the cheese cake filling.
- Place second cake layer on top of fillings and repeat these steps.
- Place final cake layer on top and cover with a thin coat of buttercream.
- Freeze the cake for 10 to 15 minutes to set the crumb coat.
- Finish frosting the cake after the crumb coat is set with the remaining buttercream.
Best Cake Recipes
Other summer cake recipes you’ll love:
- Chocolate Cherry Pie Cake
- Red, White and Blue Berry Cake
- Chocolate Cola Cake
- Creamsicle Cake
- Ice Cream Sundae Cake
- Ultimate S’mores Cake