Last updated on
The Ultimate Christmas Cake Guide – 23 Christmas cake decorating ideas and recipes!
Christmas Cake Design Ideas
With Christmas less than a week away, I’m here to help you decide on your Christmas cake! From design ideas to flavor ideas, I’ve got you covered! Let’s get this post started with Christmas cake design ideas… I’ve got a ton for you!
Colorful Christmas Cakes
This first set of cakes is from this year’s collection, inspired by the new Christmas party collection at My Mind’s Eye. As soon as I saw their new designs and color palette, I fell in love and knew I wanted my cakes to have the same look and feel.
- Garland Cake – this cake has my Classic Vanilla Buttercream with fondant cutouts. I started with basic red, pink, orange, and green fondant and then added some food coloring to achieve the exact colors I wanted.
- Colorful Pom Pom Cake – you can see the instructions and tutorial HERE.
- Christmas Tree Cake – for the trees, you can read more about this design and watch my cake video HERE.
- How to Make Colors – for the colors, make sure to watch this REELS.
Classic Christmas Colors
If you like Christmas colors that are a little more classic, these next three cakes might be for you!
I originally designed these cakes last year, and then had the opportunity to make them again this year for a fun collaboration I did with Called to Surf. We took each of these designs and put them on embroidered kitchen towels!
- Pom Pom Ugly Sweater Cake – this cake was SO fun to make! It’s inspired by an ugly Christmas sweater and I just love how it turned out. The video tutorial is HERE. You’ll see the pom poms are made the same way as the pom poms from my Colorful Pom Pom Cake above.
- Joy Cake – I love the simplicity of this cake. Check out the video HERE.
- Striped Present Cake – the key to this one is the scraper! I used the striped scraper from my Essential Scraper Set on Shop.CakebyCourtney.com. You can see the video tutorial HERE.
Easy Christmas Cake Designs
The next set of cakes are some of the easiest to make.
- Holy Berry Cake – green buttercream and red fondant is all you need for this Holy Berry Cake. Video tutorial HERE.
- Sprinkles Cake – add a few sprinkles to your buttercream and get this darling, festive look! The key is to not press too hard with your scraper as you smooth out the sides. Check out the video tutorial HERE.
- Easy Winter Trees Cake – you know how much I love the Wilton 1M tip! This is another easy design using my favorite piping tip. Watch the video tutorial HERE.
Christmas Cake Flavor Ideas
This next section is all about flavor! These are my favorite Christmas cake flavors, with links to each recipe.
- Santa’s Milk and Cookie Cake
- Cranberry Pistachio Cake
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cake
- Chocolate Peppermint Cake
- Lemon Gingerbread Cake
- Eggnog Cake
So many cakes, so little time! Which cake will you be making for Christmas this year?