Last updated on
Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars – shortbread crust and crumble, filled with jam and peanut butter chips.
Back to School
It’s back to school week around here and there’s nothing that makes me think of “school” more than peanut butter and jelly. I used to have it for lunch nearly every day, and it’s still something I love to whip up today. It’s also one of my favorite flavor combinations to use in desserts – peanut butter and jelly cake, peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies, peanut butter and jelly muffins, peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, and these easy peanut butter and jelly bars.
Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
These dessert bars are so simple to make and taste just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. If you’re like me and love this simple sandwich, you’ll go nuts for these yummy bars! The shortbread crust and crumble is much like the white bread, stuffed with a jam flavor of your choice (I used raspberry jam) and peanut butter chips.
I highly recommend that you use the Hershey’s Peanut Butter Chips when you’re making these bars. They are the best of the best and taste better than any other peanut butter chip I’ve tried.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Peanut Butter
That’s it! It’s a short list, which means this dessert bar recipe is a breeze to whip up. About 15 minutes prep time and 30 minutes bake time.
Other Desserts You’ll Love
These delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars are literally the classic sandwich in dessert form!
- 3 cups (360 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6 g) baking powder
- 1 cup (226 g) cold unsalted butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cup (487 g) strawberry jam, or flavor of your choice
- 2 1/2 cups (450 g) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside
- With a pastry cutter, or in your food processor, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Press half the mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan, and then spread the jam over the crust.
- Sprinkle 1 ¾ cup of the peanut butter chips over the jam. Stir the remaining reserved crumb mixture with the remaining peanut butter chips and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Just wanted to let you know that the recipe skips the step of adding the flour mixture to the butter 😊
Fixing it right now! thank you!
Hey! I used GF flour which usually comes out ok and the crumb was beautiful but as soon as I put the eggs in it turned to more of a cake? Maybe the eggs were too large? What would you have done to fix that??
The eggs shouldn’t be a problem. It might be the GF flour. I’m not sure with that one! I’m sorry!
Just made these bars today with my little girl, we had so much fun! They are delicious and we’ll be doing a surprise delivery of some to our friend for her birthday (she loves pb&j).
Also I want to thank you for your awesome tutorial videos on instagram🤗
This were amazing! Do you have the nutritional info listed anywhere?
No I do not.