Ultimate S’mores Cake
- Graham cracker crust
- Dark chocolate cake
- Chocolate ganache
- Toasted marshmallow filling
- Chocolate buttercream
- Chocolate drip
- Toasted marshmallow fluff
How to Schedule Baking the Ultimate S’mores Cake
Don’t let all the elements of this cake scare you away! Every minute in the kitchen is worth every bite you take. Promise!
Here’s how I schedule baking the Ultimate S’mores Cake:
- Day 1: make the crust and cake layers (once cooled to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and freeze)
- Day 2: make the marshmallow filling and chocolate buttercream (store each in airtight containers in the refrigerator and bring back to room temperature before assembly)
- Day 3: make ganache and fluff and then assemble
How to Apply the Drip
The drip should be a consistency that slowly and easily falls over and down the edge of your cake. To make the drip, I use 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips and 1/3-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream. To test the consistency, use the the bottom of a tumbler and apply the drip, just like you would with a cake (see below.) If the drip is too thick, add a little more warm cream.
It’s okay to apply the drip while it’s slightly warm. Just make sure your cake is chilled before you start.
Using a Kitchen Torch
When you’re ready to add the marshmallow fluff, make sure you have a kitchen torch handy. Torching the fluff not only ensures a fabulous flavor, it also helps hold the fluff in place.
How to Assemble the Ultimate S’mores Cake