Snickerdoodle Cake – tender cinnamon cake layers with a crunchy cinnamon sugar spread and white chocolate ganache filling and cinnamon sugar frosting.
The kids and I made snickerdoodle cookies the other day. I love a classic snickerdoodle, don’t you? They’re so easy to make and the buttery cookie base with cinnamon sugar rolled on top is just simplicity at its finest. As I ate one today, I couldn’t help but wonder how I could turn the classic cookie into a cake. I immediately started looking for recipes on Pinterest and my favorite cake blogs, but wasn’t excited about any. I didn’t just want a vanilla cake with cinnamon sugar frosting. No, I like taking it to the next level… or at least attempting to (doesn’t always work out).
To get lots of flavor in this cake, I decided to do three buttery vanilla cake layers all split into two layers. Splitting each layer into two layers menas MORE FILLING!
For the fillings, I used Sweetapolita’s cinnamon sugar spread from her Sugar Spice Delight cake. I love the texture it adds to the cake, as well as the added punch of cinnamon sugar.
I also decided to add a little drizzle of white chocolate between each layer too, but you can leave that out if you want!
Tip: make sure to split your layers once they’ve cooled completely to room temperature.
HELPFUL CAKE BAKING TIPS:
- Preheat oven 20 to 30 minutes before baking.
- Use room temperature ingredients.
- Spray your pan. Line with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar on high for a few minutes.
- Turn mixer to LOW once you add dry ingredients.
- Don’t over bake your cake layer. When you insert a toothpick in the center of the cake it should come out with a few moist crumbs on it.